Before the submission of your article or manuscript to the ASRN Editorial Team for review, you are kindly requested to do the following:
- Read the types of articles and manuscripts accepted;
- Be sure the article or manuscript is original, has not been published before, and is of general interest to Nurses and/or Nursing students;
- Write the article in a story or journalistic fashion, depending on the type of article you intend to write;
- Contact us to let us know the subject of the article and a brief description of what it’s about, so we can run it buy our editorial team;
- Be aware of the word count for each article so you don’t exceed it;
- Select the Journal that you wish to be published in that is most relevant to your article or manuscript.
Topics of Interest
ASRN is interested in the following topics:
- Personal experiences that you want to share to help educate and/or make others aware of;
- Opinion articles that express your opinion on any policy, issue or topic;
- Research articles that you feel will allow Nurses to educate themselves, their colleagues or individuals. Please summarize why you did the research and how you did it.
- Review articles on any important book, publication or interesting literature;
- Commentaries that continue the discussion of published articles and add to the conversation;
- News articles that highlight news of interest to Nurses that are not well known or have been published priorly.
ASRN publishes the following Journals:
- The Journal of Nursing;
- The Journal of Advanced Practice Nursing;
- Nursing Today;
- Chronicle of Nursing;
- American Nursing Review;
- World News & Nursing Report;
- Intelligence Report;
- Nursing Shortage Update
ASRN limits all journal manuscripts and articles to 1500 words. If there are any footnotes or references the limit may be 2,000 words. Please contact us for further assistance.
Publication Dates & Deadlines
The publication dates and deadlines are as follows:
- The Journal of Nursing is published on the 1st of every month, 12 months a year.
- The deadline for the Journal of Nursing is the 15th of the preceding month for publication on the 1st of the following month.
- The Journal of Advanced Practice Nursing is published on the 15th of every month, 12 months a year.
- The deadline for the Journal of Advanced Practice Nursing is the 1st of the month for publication on the 15th of the month.
ASRN will pay authors $50 per article or manuscript. Payment will be made within 10 days of notification to the publisher that their article will be published. Payment will be made by either Paypal or by check. Please let us know your payment preference.
After the acceptance of your article or manuscript for publication in the Journal is given, please submit the following files:
- Please submit the article or manuscript as a MS Word format (as a *.doc/*.docx file). Please use the full names of all authors on the title page;
- Please submit all individual drawings, pictures, tables or graphs into one *.zip archive without any subfolders, numbered (e.g. 01, 02, ..., 11) and prepared as outlined in the manuscript preparation. Acceptable formats are *.pdf, *.ps, *.eps, *.jpg, *.png, *.tif, and *.gif.
Remark on File Sizes
Please find the best possible balance between quality of figures (and submitted material) and overall file size. Individual figures should not exceed 20 MB, and the overall size of all submitted files excluding supplements should not exceed 40 MB.