Welcome to The American Society of Registered Nurses (ASRN)
The American Society of Registered Nurses was founded in May 2003. As a professional association for registered
nurses, it serves nurses from all 50 States and across the globe.
The American Society of Registered Nurses is dedicated to:
- Promoting nursing as a science and a profession for the benefit of human welfare
- Establishing and maintaining the highest standards of professional ethics and conduct of the members of the Society
- Increasing and diffusing awareness and knowledge to nurses through meetings, professional contacts, reports, papers, workshops, and professional journals
- Assisting nurses wherever needed
- Improving the quality of life for direct care nurses and the patients that they serve in the health care environment
Through a culture of innovation, The American Society of Registered Nurses empowers its members and inspires them to improve the
quality of health care.